As the leading manufacturer of drain water heat recovery (DWHR) units, we are at the forefront of providing innovative solutions that benefit builders, energy advisors, and homeowners alike. Our DWHR technology is a game-changer in the pursuit of energy efficiency and cost savings in residential construction.
What is Drain Water Heat Recovery?
Drain water heat recovery is a simple yet ingenious system that captures the heat from hot water used in showers, dishwashers, and washing machines. Instead of letting this energy go down the drain, the DWHR unit transfers the heat to incoming cold water, preheating it before it reaches your water heater or fixtures. This process can achieve an efficiency of up to 42%, as indicated in the latest energy modeling assessments.
Advantages for Builders:
Builders who incorporate DWHR technology into their projects can expect to see several benefits:
- Increased Marketability: Homes with DWHR systems are more attractive to energy-conscious buyers.
- Compliance with High Standards: DWHR units help meet the stringent requirements of energy codes and standards, such as NBC 2020 Tier 3.
- Cost-Effectiveness: By preheating incoming water, DWHR reduces the load on water heaters, allowing for potential downsizing of HVAC systems and resulting in overall construction cost savings.
Advantages for Energy Advisors:
Energy advisors play a crucial role in guiding builders and homeowners toward more efficient energy use. DWHR units provide:
- Accurate Energy Modeling: With proven performance metrics, DWHR technology can be confidently included in energy models for precise predictions of energy savings.
- Enhanced Energy Assessments: DWHR units contribute to significant reductions in annual consumption and heat loss, making them a valuable recommendation in energy efficiency assessments.
Advantages for Homeowners:
Homeowners enjoy the immediate and long-term benefits of DWHR technology:
- Reduced Energy Bills: By capturing waste heat, homeowners can save on their energy bills, with the system often paying for itself over time.
- Environmental Impact: DWHR contributes to a lower carbon footprint by reducing the demand on heating systems.
- Longevity and Reliability: Our DWHR units are designed for durability with minimal maintenance requirements, ensuring homeowners peace of mind.
In conclusion, drain water heat recovery technology is an essential component for anyone looking to build or retrofit homes with high-performance, low-energy goals. By embracing DWHR, we can collectively move towards a more sustainable and cost-effective future in residential construction.